Friday, December 5, 2008

Development Professionals

As we've mentioned in our last post, Adrienne accepted a position at Young Audiences last week and we're all very excited for her. She's their new Development Associate and will be responsible for creating a new database of donors, assisting the Executive Director with events, grants and appeals.

Our lives have taken an interesting turn. We're now both in the nonprofit industry's fundraising sector, which we didn't expect a few years ago. I'm the Database Administrator at Citizen Schools; I manage and train our national staff on Raiser's Edge, a popular fundraising database. I really love my job and the company I work for so I know I'll be sticking around for awhile. It's only been two days, but it seems like Adie's really enjoying her new work and co-workers as well. 

Who knows, maybe we'll have our own nonprofit company someday? 

No comments: