Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pictures from Dave's Colorado trip and Thanksgiving

Dave's Colorado Trip (11.18-11.23)

This is my great aunt and uncle's house in Littleton, CO, where I spent three years of my life when I was ten years old. The house looks exactly the same.

...even the backyard. Although, the swing set is now rusted as the years went by and my great uncle, who is normally very good at fixing things has not had children in the house for awhile now that he simply ignored it. In a strange way, I kind of liked the fact that it was a time capsule for me.

I love you and you'll always be in my heart.

The next day, Ryan and his girlfriend Danielle took me out Duo Restaurant where I found grits on their menu. I've never tried it so I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Probably not authentic, but it was still damn good and I would love to try the authentic version some day down in North Carolina or something.

This was my fancy brunch: chorizo scramble and homefries. MM MMM MMMM!!!

After brunch, I really wanted to drive to the mountains because I really missed them. A lot. This is the view from I-70 heading west. The picture doesn't do justice.




The three of us spotted a great location where there was a beautiful lake and a mountain as the backdrop.


Ryan and Danielle

Evergreens.

We stopped by at a local grocery store in Evergreens to use their bathroom and found these two "family sized" bacon. People, we have found the WMD!

On our way back from Evergreens, we found wild baffalos! My first sight of baffalos!

We hiked up a the hill of Mother Cabrini Shrine because there is a ridiculous stairaway leading up to the twenty-two foot statue. I wish I took pictures of this stairway because with the lack of oxygen, I was heaving only halfway up to the hill. Yes, that's a random monk just chillin'.

Whaddup Jesus

Jesus aborbs the beam of LIIIGHHT!!

The view from the shrine. Double-click on the picture to see downtown of Denver. That's how high we were up from the ground.

Afterwards, we stopped for an authentic Mexican food. This is a chicken Faluta plate.

Mmm... Chicken Faluta

Kevin, one of Ryan's good friends, Ryan and Danielle.

This is a bar called, Red Square in downtown Denver. They only sold Vodka in carafs served with a plate of dill pickles to neutralize the taste of straight vodka. Needless to say, I was very VERY hungover the next day.


-------------------------------------

Thanksgiving 2008 

Luke, Keiran and Torre pondering, "what's for dinner?"

Ah, yes. We have food.

What the...?

Maya is always begging for food.... just like every other freakin' dog. But we love her madly.

The Sass family

The Paek family

I definitely didn't consume enough calories for one day. Need to eat more and compensate for my skinny Asian body.

Katie and Keiran

Uncle Steve being silly

Adie and Cait

My hair is spikey

Adie's nephews

Started with appetizers at 1pm with Sue's famous antipasto and all kinds of other stuff

...gotta have drinks

Vegetarians, eat your heart out! The star of the evening: a 24lbs. naturally grown turkey. We had 20 people to feed so we could've gone with a 33lbs. turkey but Torre's oven wasn't big enough...

Getting ready to eat!



Notice the snow in the background? We loove Vermont.

The Girls: Megan, Torrelee, Adie (Adie's sister, Adie's mom)

The Eastman show~!

Ok. After dinner, we went over to Luke's friend Jake's house in Thetford, VT. His stepfather is an avid hunter. He showed me all sorts of guns and the above picture is his custom built bow & arrow.

I'm not a supporter of the 2nd amendment so it was very strange for me to even be in that room seeing all these guns; especially since my cousin Seho was killed by a gun. I know guns don't kill people, but it just felt strange. I felt powerful and powerless all at the same time.

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power - like God must feel when he's holding a gun" - Homer Simpson

Whatup Wangsta~?!

Jake's parents' also owned a couple of horses. I touched a horse for the first time in my life!!

All in all, it was one of the best Thanksgivings we've had in a long time. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's some serious posting, good work soldier! I like picturing little Peak going back and forth and his swing set with Hanna running around.
I'd congradulate Addie on her job here, but I'm not sure she even reads this blog so I'm off My Space...