Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Matt and Laura's wedding

Matt and Laura, after dating (on and off) since we were (I think) Juniors in college, they finally tied the knot on Saturday, July 12th at the Lewis Lake in Winthrop, MA. I was asked to play the guitar, along with James, for the ceremony (see pics below). It was truly a beautiful day and a lovely wedding. The ceremony was held outside and the weather was just absolutely gorgeous. The couple employed a few of the ideas from our very own wedding reception. They asked one of their friends to marry them and they also asked the guests to speak, if they wished, about the couple. Adie and I both spoke, but I mostly rambled because I was nervous and I just hate public speaking. In hindsight, maybe I should’ve said something during the reception after I’m intoxicated…on second thought, nevermind.

The reception was fun, mostly due to the free bottles of wine at each of the roundtables. The guests enjoyed vegetarian sushi (all made with soy sheets, how weird, but delicious and fun!) and vegetarian Thai food. Despite some people’s qualms about the lack of meat on the menu, most people seemed to enjoy the dinner—I certainly did as I ate three plates full of sushi and pad Thai.

Matt and Laura truly deserve one another. I know, because I’ve been there since Day 1 when they first started dating and I’ve known Matt long enough to call him my brother-from-another-mother. They are true soul mates and Adie and I both congratulate their marriage. May they be blessed with happiness and good health for many many years to come!!














No comments: