Last night, while Adie and I enjoyed our dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants, I made a proposition to Adie.
"If you give up (soda), I will give up meat."
"Seriously?"
"Yeah."
(chuckles) "Fine. Deal." As she sipped her Coke.
Adie loves to drink soda whenever we eat out or order in, which is about 2-3 times a week. Knowing what I know about the ingredients in chemical-filled and sugar-loaded drink, I knew I had to do something. Even though Adie's been a vegetarian for about two years now, the one thing she hasn't given up is soda. She's been getting me into join her quest to give up meat, but like her and soda, I refused. I know about the awful quality of US meat industry and how corrupted the FDA and USDA are, I still enjoy eating steak tips, steak & cheese and chicken parm. dishes just to name a few. I don't mind vegetarian dishes so it's definitely do-able, but I needed to modify my proposition.
"Um, but I can eat naturally raised meat."
(thinking for a few minutes) "Fine."
We shook hands and the deal was finalized.
It's easy for her to give up sodas because it's not a staple in her diet, whereas I eat meat probably twice a day! I suppose I could buy naturally raised meat every time I eat it but that's nearly impossible to find at local sandwich shops in the city unless I go to a super expensive places.
I immediately regret making the proposition. We'll see what happens after about a month...
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment