Adie and I are both big supporters of Barack Obama. We believe that he's the most qualified candidate to run our nation and transform our country that it once used to be--prosperous, respected and peaceful. We can't remember the last time a presidential candidate has truly inspired us in such a way that if he does not get elected this November, we are seriously considering a move to overseas. Yes, we're that serious about this election. In fact, we are going to a party hosted by a MoveOn.org member this Sunday to make calls to undecided voters. We're both extremely upset towards the Bush administration and we believe that McCain's administration will only sustain the level of frustration we've suffered in the last eight years. I think what really tipped us over the edge was when McCain put Sarah Palin on his ticket. She's worse than Bush in a sense that, she lacks any intellectual knoweldge and skill to lead a nation of our size. Adie and I are both tired and angry. We don't want to live in a nation where our own government doesn't serve its citizens. We love America and want to be part of the movement to change the direction of this country, but if come November, the nation picks McCain/Palin ticket, then we are fleeing; because in our opinion, all hope is lost and we're too tired for not getting our voices heard.
So, you might be wondering where we might be headed. Adie really wants us to move to France for many reasons; good food, universal health care, wine, she speaks French, and we don't have a child yet. These are all great reasons. I certainly don't mind living in France but my lack of French will certainly be a problem but as an English speaking individual, I'm sure I won't have problem finding a job. I personally don't have a preference where we should go. I'd like to live in Japan for once. I'd also like to live in Germany too. Maybe England? I suppose any industralized nation will do for me.
But, we'll cross that bridge when we need to. In the mean time, we are going to be very active and support Obama and make sure that he becomes our next president.
3 comments:
From what I hear, you guys would love Japan. Spotlessly clean, people are extremely friendly towards non-natives and the food sounds good too. Although, I haven't been yet. We're trying to get there, when we do I'll report back.
Dave,
Mariah is a big Obama supporter, she has been to quite a few rally's. I am still undecided though.
Michael
You need to blog more.
Post a Comment