Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Last Wedding (for awhile)

On Sunday, (yeah, on Sunday!) at 4pm (yeah, at 4 freaking pm!), we went to Amanda and Tony's wedding. It was held outside the Nahant Country Club (FDR's son had his wedding there). Amanda is one of Adie's friends and I didn't know anyone there so it was a pretty boring wedding for us. Adie hasn't hung out with Amanda for awhile because I guess she fell off the radar as soon as she met Tony; and Adie has never met any of Amanda's friends before. On top of that, it was Sunday, so I wasn't in the mood to drink and I felt like shit all day long from drinking too much the night before (Wally, Chuck and I went out to the Coogan's. Ask Chuck how he felt on Sunday).

The food was.....eh... bad. There was no bread basket at the table when the salads came out and the salads weren't consistent. Mine was missing cucumbers and Adie was missing carrots. Everyone at our table was missing an ingredient or two from their salad bowl. By the way, let me digress here; our table of guests sucked. We were stuck with a bunch of teenagers in our las wedding and we had more fun with the kids than these robots we sat down with. Anyways, I had a steak, which was pretty good but Adie's vegetarian dish was just a bowl of rice pilaf with asaparguses on top. I think I could've thrown a better vegetarian dish together with just a head of lettuce than the bowl of insult she got.

But you know what we're really thrilled about? This is our last wedding for a long while. We don't mind weddings but this year, we had four!! Two of them were in one day!

Anyways, here are the pics. Enjoy.


The groom, waiting for the bridge

Here comes the bride!

Blah blah, get to the freakin' point. Oh by the way, this wedding didn't have a microphone. We were sitting all the way in the back so we couldn't hear a damn thing!!

The newly wed!

Rachel, Adie and Me.

Wow, this is a really nice picture of us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of anger about a wedding. Try breathing and thinking about singing birds, warm summer days, and Obama giving us National Health care and thrusting the US back into that first world category. Did you know Canada gives health care to its citezens even when they're living abroad! We can't get the stuff at home and they get covered when they travel.
Anyway, where was I? Ah, breath, and vote Democratic...

Laura said...

ooh, I like the new hair (or is it the lighting?)

Anonymous said...

at least the bride is pretty good looking