Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pocket Rockit Saves the Day

When Adie and I started living together in our 774 sq.ft. apartment in Waltham, I slowly and gradually stopped playing my electric guitar. Had I known this, I wouldn't have bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio--in addition to my Fender Squire Strat--which I bought last spring but it's been collecting dust.

The way our apartment is currently set up, I had to hide the amp under a friggin' table tucked away deep beneath other junk. Needless to say, it requires too much work for me to get behind all that crap just to hook up my guitar to the amp if I want to play it. Oh, and let's talk about what happens when I do play. I play loud. I usually love to play with a song playing in the background and simply rock the shit out of the house. The speakers will blast Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin and host of other hard rock and metal tunes. Unfortunately, the only time I can do this is when Adie's not home. She's not really interested in these songs and she'd rather hear me play my acoustic guitar to the tune of Jack Johnson-esque songs. I love those songs but sometimes, I just gotta get the "led out".

Now that Adie's home more often (no school and much more flexible work schedule), I am itching to breakout my guitar and rock out. At one point, I honestly thought that I was going to sell my guitars because I wasn't using them and I couldn't watch these beauties go to waste.

On Monday, this guy who currently volunteers for us doing data entry told me about a device called "Pocket Rockit". It allows you to hook it up to your guitar directly without a cable.

Woah!

Not only that, it also hooks up to an MP3 player and a headphone all simultaneously.

WOAH!

This was too good to be true. I can basically listen to music and play my guitar without disturbing Adie. I just had to get it. After work on Tuesday, I drove to the nearest Guitar Center and forked over $50 to get this marriage-saving device. Yeah.


As soon I got home, I literally threw my bag and jacket away and dismembered the Pocket Rockit box like I needed oxygen. When Adie came in from Sarah's apartment, she found me in the middle of the house with crap all over the floor and sweating my balls off rocking the shit out of my Les Paul. It was one of the best guitar moments of my life. My ears were bleeding and my fingers shred into pieces but boy, that felt so friggin' good that there are simply no words in English dictionary to describe my emotions.

No comments: