Adie and I rarely go out to nice places for dinner so this was a really exciting night. We got all dressed up too!

Upstairs has three rooms and I reserved our dinner table at The Soiree Dining Room, which looks like this:
The decor of this dining room was absolutely beautiful. It's not a typical restaurant dining room, I felt like I was in an Alice in Wonderland scene with lots of pink and funky looking chairs.To start off, Adie ordered a Dirty Martini and I had a glass of Syrah. I think that was the best Syrah I have ever had. I wish I could remember the name...
The restaurant gave each diners in the room a plate of complementary Amuse Bouche(?) fried greer cheese with wine reduction sauce.
These fried cheese balls were so good, I was literally licking the plate with my bread.
For our First Course, Adie ordered a ravioli with fresh grated cheese.
My First Course was a Sashimi of Blue Fin Tuna with Avocado, Jicama & Tempura Snap Peas, Soy-Ginger Marinade. I know I wasn't at a sushi ya but this was like heaven on a plate.
For our entree, Adie ordered Seared Giant Nantucket Sea Scallops with Creamy Fregola, Porcini Marmalade with Grapes & Tarragon.
I couldn't come to a super nice restaurant and not have a steak! So that's what I had. I ordered Naturally Raised Hanger Steak with Red Bliss Potatoes, Great Hill Blue, Bitter Greens Salad & Beurre Rouge. I got it in medium rare so this thing came out mooing. Oh it was delicious!!!!!!!
By now, we were so full but we wanted the dessert menu. Adie ordered a raspberry sorbet with dark chocolate and dark chocolate mousse with espresso meringue cookie.
And I ordered 3 scoops of sorbet of flavors, passion fruit, blood orange and ice Clementine
It was THE most romantic dinner we have ever had. I would go back there any day if we can afford it. The bill was ridiculous but for a special occasion like this, it was worth every penny.
Happy Anniversary to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment