Wednesday, December 19, 2007

holiday plans

Adie and I will be away in Vermont visiting my in-laws. We'll be leaving from Saturday, Dec. 22nd and come back on Monday, Dec. 24th. We'll exchange gifts and enjoy each other's company. It's a great place for us to get away from the drudgery of the city life.

This year's winter's been pretty bad. So far, there's about 10'' of snow on the ground and average temperature has been around 25 degrees. I guess we're due for a below average winter. The last two season's been very mild. I think there's about over 2 feet of snow on the ground up in Vermont so we'll be taking our winterized Honda Fit (has four snow tires) and pack our bags with boots and plenty of sweaters.

We love visiting Vermont, especially at this time of the year. Aside from the delicious home cooked meals by my mother-in-law, we'll get to enjoy snowshoeing. It's a great exercise and to see their dog, Maya (chocolate lab) run around in the snow makes it much more exciting.

On our way back from Vermont, we'll swing by to my parents' house for a holiday dinner. My sister Hanna will be up from NYC so it'll be a nice family gathering.

On Friday, Dec. 28th, we're meeting up with my friends at Kasbah in Winthrop. It's the only restaurant in Massachusetts that I know that sells hookah and has belly dancers on Fridays. But the real reason why we're meeting is Wally. He'll be coming home for the holidays from California. It'll be fun. I haven't been to Kasbah in awhile and drinking with Wally is always fun.

For New Year's Eve, Adie and I've decided to attend our neighbor Sara's party. We don't like to get too crazy on NYE. Last year, we threw a small party at my old apartment in Brookline. Sara's been hosting NYE party at her apartment for several years now. She'll have drinks, appetizers and make it as relaxing as possible. That's fine with us! No need to drive, no need to spend money and no need to deal with drunk people.

No comments: