In the last 14 months, I've moved twice. Back in October of 2006, I moved out of my parents' house--finally--and moved in with Mitch and Justin to a beautiful apartment in Coolidge Corner in Brookline. In February of 2007, Adie and I moved in together to a nice luxury apartment in Waltham, where we are today.
This evening, we received a letter from our leasing office notifying us that our rent will be increasing by $143. We didn't expect this until last month when we started hearing rumors that the management was raising rent, which forced some residents out of the building. Our next door neighbor, Sarah who told us about it last month, told us not to worry. We were already friendly with the people in the leasing office so we'd be able to negotiate the increase--but it wasn't guaranteed.
Unfuckingbelievable. We just moved here about nine months ago and we're just beginning to feel settled in. We love this apartment; there's a gym, a covered parking space, a beautiful fully furnished kitchen, washer/dryer and a central A/C. We'd hate to leave all these amenities behind. But nothing's ever perfect because we have a big issue with the space. We knew this coming into this apartment; with just 774 sq.ft. and no linen closet or a kitchen pantry, we've been purchasing extra tables to make up for the lack of storage space. But now it's just getting crowded in our small apartment. Nevertheless, we think the features overshadow the lack of space.
Anyways, I've been on the phone with the leasing office and I got them to lower the increase by $85, but we're still not satisfied. I'm going to keep pressuring them until they get it down to about $40. In the mean time, we're going to see what's out there--just to be safe.
Ugh... it looks like another dreaded move might be in our near future...
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment