Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our First Sox Game at Fenway

We're going to remember this date for a long, long time. We bought two tickets to the newly built Coca-Cola Left Field Pavilion ($70/ea.). I was skeptical at first about the view and how far it might be, but once we got there, it was amazing.

our view from our seats. The picture doesn't do justice...

Our seats even had cup holders! This certainly beats seating at the bleachers or even in the grand stand seats.

Before we got to our seats, we stopped at a concession stand and bought fish and chips, seasoned fries and a bottle of water. Nothing compares to that moment when you walk up the stairs and feeling the rush of air and majestic sight of the ballpark. It truly is magical. I've done this many times but it just never gets old. It was a pretty chilly day. The temperature was in the mid-50s but the sun was covered with clouds and there was a cool breeze. It got so cold at one point that I had to warm ourselves by getting a couple of hot chocolates and a pretzel.

By the way, I got to see semi-celebrities. The two blonde women featured in Fever Pitch (you know, the two ladies who were also featured in that Sox documentary movie?) They were sitting right in front of us. I wanted to take pictures but Adie thought it was weird so I didn't. In hindsight, I should have. I mean, why not?

And I haven't even talked about the game! I honestly don't remember the last time I came to Fenway and watched the Sox win. The only other time that we won, I left too early (or too late?). I was with my buddies at Fenway to a Sox' second longest game of their history. We left the park around 18th inning and when I got home, Shea Hillanbrand hit a walk-off homerun at the bottom of 24th inning (?) or something like that. It was ridiculous. So naturally, I kept fearing that our first trip to Fenway would result in another loss. When I heard that Scott Kazmir was pitching for the Rays, I told Adrienne that this game would be a close one.

John Lester held up his end of the bargain. We also got to see Manny Delcarmen, Hideki Okajima and the best of all, Jonathan Papelbon. This means that I got to listen to that crazy Okajima theme song, Wild Thing (when Papelbon comes out of the pen) and his own theme song, Shipping Off to Boston by the Dropkick Murphys. Oh man, that was crazy awesome.

Yup, that's me and Pap.

The game ended in 7-3 Boston. Yoooouuuuk hit a homerun by I missed it because I was in the bathroom. Oh well. Shit happens. Get it? haha. Anyways.

Here are the rest of the pics we took after the game.



Adie said that this was the second best day after our wedding day.

I agree.

No comments: