Adie goes down to Anna Marie Islands in Florida every year. I was supposed to go with her this year, but her friend Rachel broke up with her boyfriend so I decided to stay back to avoid any awkwardness. Plus, I figured I'd give her some "girl" time.
This is the first time that she and I've been away from each other since we got married. Hopefully next year I'll be there with her, but I suppose that depends on Rachel. It feels kinda weird not having her around at home. I didn't feel all that lonely the first few days, but it's Sunday night and I suddenly feel like I might go crazy if I had to do this for another week.
I haven't done much since Adie's been away. I met up with an old college friend, Ohyung on Friday night. We had drinks with his co-workers at Fire and Ice in Boston. Afterwards, he took me to his friend's house in Chestnut Hill where I met a bunch of nice group of Koreans who went to church with Ohyung. It was pretty strange... Even though I'm also Korean, they sort of looked at me like a foreigner. I felt uncomfortable speaking Korean because I was too embarrassed. My Korean is about as good as a 3rd grader. Regardless, I really enjoyed meeting them and hopefully produce friendship with some of them. Afterwards, we went to Sunset in Brighton for some drinks.
On Saturday night, I coordinated a dinner plan with Lynn, Callis, Laura, Chuck, Alexis and Keppie. This time, it was different. Instead of our usual fair of Chinese or Italian, I decided to take them to a Korean restaurant. There aren't enough good Korean restaurants in Boston, but I really enjoyed Koreana in Cambridge. I don't know why I never asked my friends to go o Korean restaurant. I can't believe my friends have never tried Korean food. Sure, some of them have tried it before but guys like Chuck and Callis have never tried it. In fact, I was disappointed that Joe and Kevin couldn't make it because I know they would absolutely love it. We ordered 7 bottles of Soju (rice vodka) and stuffed our face with Kalbi and Chicken Kalbi. I really had a great time. Afterwards, Lynn and I went back to Lynn's house and there, we met up with DH to rock out on Rockband. Lynn's husband Adam, finally got around to buying Rockband. Someday, I'll have my own PS3 and Rockband... sigh...
Well, I woke up this morning feeling dizzy. I didn't go to bed until 2 but I managed to get up at 5:30 to go to Romero's house to go skiing. By the time I got to Romero's house, I was so nauseas and sick that I just left his house and came back home to get some more sleep. I drove all the way out there just to come back. I know it sounds stupid but I honestly thought I could make it but I came home and regurgitated my dinner from the night before.
I spent all day today just lounging around watching TV and went to a grocery store.
I suppose if I were single, my life would be something like this: drinking more often with friends, spending too much money that I don't have and being lazy. And it sucks coming home not being able to see your loved one.
I'll tell you what though, our house is so much cleaner.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment