Last year was special for sure.
This year however, was tame--relatively speaking. I made a dinner/dessert reservation at Finale in Framingham.
But let's face it: what's a Valentine's Day without flowers? I used to hate Valentine's Day but try convincing your wife (or significant other) not to celebrate it and they'll probably get upset.
Anyways, I don't know much about flowers. I just know that I have to get roses, red roses. This is what Adie emailed me several days before the day.
Write this down:
Flower bouquet info:
I love gladiolus
I like tea roses better than regualr roses (whole food sells them-- they are small and usually orangish and peachy, they look very victorian and I LOVE them!)
-regualr yellow roses mean jealousy-- I hate them
lily's are stinky and make me sneeze. No thank you.
Rubba
Needless to say, I walked into Whole Foods and found a long line of guys holding a bouquet of flowers waiting to have their flowers decorated. It's the type of scene I never wanted to be in. Ugh! The things we do to impress our partners.
I bought this:
Yes, they are pink tea roses. But without her email, I would've gotten her regular red roses. She was very happy.
Adie gave me three cards. THREE CARDS. The first card had a guitar and she wrote "you're my rockstar" and the second card was a clever one: it had a realistic looking credit card that said "redeemable for hugs and kisses" or something like that. I thought that was great. And the last card was "from Roxie". That was pretty cute. But what really excited me was the gift. She bought me a Mariokart DS!!!!!!!! I haven't played Mariokart since college when my buddy Reggie had it on his Nintendo N64. We used to play that game almost everyday religiously! I bought Adie a Hello Kitty SIGG waterbottle and a passenger side visor w/mirror from Japan. She always complained that our Honda Fit didn't have a visor mirror so I found it online. She was so excited!
The dinner/dessert at Finale was quite good. They had a Valentine's Day special prie fixe course for $70. We had a bowl of butternut squash soup, a mixed salad, white pizza and lobster pasta. We capped the night with a chocolate molten lava cake and creame brulee (how the hell do you spell this).
I can't believe a year has gone by since our engagement. Unlike most couples, our anniversary is just right around the corner!!
No comments:
Post a Comment