Monday, December 10, 2007

holiday parties

This weekend has been jam packed with holiday parties. Let's recap.

On Friday, our company offered the employees free tickets to a Celtics game. Afterwards, some of us went out to Courtside Cafe for some drinks. Adie wasn't with me because she went to her company holiday party near the Cape. She won a bunch of prizes from playing games and came back home with a bowl full of Crate & Barrel kitchen accessories and a Dunkin' Donuts gift card. Sweet!

On Saturday, Adie and I hosted a Yankee Swap party. People were asked to wear ugly sweaters and bring useless, used or creative junk to participate in the swap. There were a total of 15 people in our 700 sq. ft. apartment. We were definitely over the maximum capacity but I think people had a good time. The best ugly (oxymoron!) sweater goes out to Owen, who wore Erin's mom's old sweater vest. The top prize for the best "gift" goes to Chuck, who brought a stack of old Maxim magazines and several porn videos. Needless to say, many guys at the party were trading away their garbage for Chuck's porn. The fact that porn was the best gift out of everything else, speaks volume about our yankee swap. All of us were treated to a special moment when Messina opened his "gift" only to find out that they were womens clothes, which he enthusiastically and voluntarily tried them on. Then again, a few hours later, I was drunk enough to wear Laura's old pink sweater so...








I must've drank way too much because the next day, I was told that I spilled hot cocoa all over the kitchen floor, which I don't remember. All in all, Adie and I had a really good time hosting this event. And just to think, this could be our last opportunity host a party at this apartment, makes us really sad...

On Sunday, Mitchell hosted a holiday dinner at his apartment (my old apartment). However, the dinner didn't go as smooth as we would've hoped. Because of people's scheduling conflict, Karin and Justin, both who live with Mitchell, couldn't make it to the dinner. I supposedly coordinated this decision, but all I really did was suggest a workable date for everyone. On top of that, Melissa--who usually does the cooking and setting up the table--didn't show because she had broken up with her boyfriend and was too upset for a holiday dinner party. Everything was very last-minute but all in all, it was a pleasant dinner. Afterwards, we played bowling on Nintendo Wii, where I kicked ass by scoring 148 points! YEAH!

-D

No comments: